SyWAL2014, Naples (27-28 March)
We made it!
The Symposium on West African Languages 2014 is over. Rain is over, too. Pizzas have been digested and our shoes are dry. Everything went fine. I’m quite satisfied.
- papers were great, but the participants were even better;
- we got our energy supply from extremely concentrated coffee shots (a bottle of milk showed up only in the last coffee break);
- the weather was horrible (it made us stronger … and yes, it kept the attendants within the premises of the conference);
- a conference on African linguistics with scholars from… Africa! Well, one couldn’t ask for more.
- Herrmann Jungraithmayr
Latest posts by Kakakin Kura (see all)
- Nota di servizio: studiare hausa in Italia (si può) - June 29, 2018
- Due mesi a Napoli: di despoti e cannibali - November 5, 2017
- Viaggiare in bicicletta con 5€ al giorno - October 23, 2016